Butternut & Orange Soup
BUTTERNUT & ORANGE SOUP
|Serves:||+- 2 liter of soup|
|Important utensils:||Blender, Large pot|
- 1 x medium onion finely chopped
- 1 x granny smith apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- roast butternut cut into cubes
- 1 liter of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- zest of 1 orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml cream
- Fry onion & apple in butter on low heat until soft & translucent.
- Add orange juice & simmer until almost fully reduced.
- Add the roast butternut, stock & milk.
- Bring to simmer, until butternut is soft.
- Process in a food processor or with stick blender until smooth.
- If too thick add more stock or milk
- Pour back in the pot & add orange zest as well as seasoning to taste
- Add the cream just before serving,
- Don’t let the soup boil after you add the cream, it could split.